- All campsites can be reserved 180 days/ 6 months in advance (Active duty, Retirees and other authorized users).
- Campers desiring to extend their stay must register by 12 p.m. on the expiration date.
- Year Round: Occupancy is limited to 30 days in a 60 day period.
- PWAR can issue an extension beyond 30 or 60 days for medical or mechanical reasons.
- No black or gray water allowed on ground.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times. Please clean up after your pets. No pets allowed on the beach or in lodging units (Cabins, Cottages and Park Model RVs). Pet owners are responsible for the removal of all pet waste.
- Campfires are permitted in fire rings. Fires must not be left unattended and must be completely extinguished prior to departure.
- Quiet hours: 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Full hook-up area occupancy: 1 RV/Travel Trailer per site.
- Semi hook-up area occupancy: 1 four-person tent or 2 four-person tents per site.
- Primitive area occupancy: 2 four-person tents per site.
- Patrons are required to place garbage in receptacles provided. Cans at individual sites are serviced 2-3 times per week. Dumpsters are located at all Full Hookup areas, as well as at the marina, and near the swim beach for guests who produce excessive waste. Replacement trash bags can be obtained from Park hosts or PWAR Staff.
For those who love being one with nature and exploring the elements, we have the campground just for you. Enjoy the tranquility and natural beauty of Lake Thurmond at one of our rustic campsites at Pointes West Army Resort (PWAR). PWAR offers 9 camping areas. We offer 3 areas with full hook-ups; approximately 58 sites that feature 50/30 amp electric, water and sewage; 2 areas with semi hook-ups, electric only (20 amp) with approximately 20 sites, and 4 primitive areas for tent camping only. All of our campsites have beautiful lake front views, picnic tables, a grill, and fire ring.
Check-In Time: 2:30 p.m.
Check-Out Time: 2 p.m.
A courtesy hour may be requested by contacting Whispering Pines Lodge at the number at the top of this page. If campsite is not a back-to-back rental, a courtesy hour will be granted.
Click on any Site# in the chart below to see details.
|2||Full Hook-Up||Yes||Yes (50/30 amp)||Yes||$30/night*
|3||Full Hook-Up||Yes||Yes (50/30 amp)||Yes||$30/night*
|4||Full Hook-Up||Yes||Yes (50/30 amp)||Yes||$30/night*
|5||Semi Hook-Up||No||Yes (20 amp)||No||$10/night|
|6||Semi Hook-Up||No||Yes (20 amp)||No||$10/night|
*Authorized Users & Sponsored Guests | **Military Retirees/Disabled Veterans