- Additional Ways to Recycle
- If you live in housing, please recycle items in your housing recycling bins.
- Take recyclable items home at the end of the day and recycle through your home recycling program.
- Switch to items that do not require recycling; such as electronic newspapers and magazines, and aluminum or glass containers.
- Donate. Several areas use old magazines, such as the VA and hospital waiting areas.
- Donate the material to Columbia County Recycling or Richmond County Recycling.
- Compost old newspapers.
- Use old newspapers for animal box liners.
- Use the materials for craft projects.
- At Wainwright Circle off of Kilbourne (Cardboard Only)
- At Tenth Street and Chamberlain Avenue
The Recycling Center no longer accepts or collects plastic, newspapers, magazines or books at the recycling center, alternate containers on the installation or within buildings on the installation. Although the items will not be recycled by Fort Eisenhower, you are strongly encouraged to recycle off the installation. Below are some additional ways to recycle the materials.
The Recycling Center's mission is to divert material from the landfill by recycling as much as possible. The center offers dumpster and recyclable pickup service for many on-post buildings.
The Recycling Center is always looking for new brokers/buyers for recycled material. Interested parties, please contact Marcus Bethune at +1 (706)791-0132.
Drop Off locations accept household recycling items from on- and off-post residents. Accepted materials include cardboard, paper, plastics (1 and 2) and aluminum cans.
There are 2 recycling drop-off locations on post:
The Recycling Center accepts scrap metal, toner cartridges and pallets (Scrap metal is accepted on Tuesdays and Thursdays only).